Sunday, July 19, 2009

Illustration Friday - (Hippo) Tango

So the topic this week is Tango, which made deciding what to draw pretty easy. It was either dancing, or a fruit that's a mix between a tangerine and a mango (a tango? Get it? HA!) Dancing seemed like a better choice. Dancing hippos seemed like a cooler choice. I checked out a bunch of Tango videos on Youtube so I could get a feel for how the dance looked, since I'm no dancer, and it's better to have a reference in mind. I'm happy with this, and found that it wasn't as tough to draw as I thought it would be. This is possibly my shortest art post yet.

12 comments:

  1. How graceful they look! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean, I've actually managed to make hippos look graceful? Success! Thanks, everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hippopotamus is very wonderful.
    I like animal and I love your works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thankyou for the nice comment, I love the Hippos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right...your drawing has come a long way in the last couple of years. Very nice bear illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tink you made the right choice! Nice wrok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great work and they make an adorable couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dancing hippos! They can indeed be quite graceful, especially when you see them swimming underwater. Great tango pose!

    ReplyDelete

I imagine that the comment box feels lonely when it's empty, so leaving a comment would be a great thing to do. If you leave a nice comment, good things might happen.