Friday, July 3, 2009

Demon of the Desert – The Camoose


An artist's rendition of the elusive Camoose.

First sighted about 24 hours ago, the Camoose is quite possibly one of the greatest animal discoveries of this century. Found in the highest parts of the desert, this elusive camel/moose hybrid appears to live secretly amongst the sandy hills, camouflaged by its brown fur. While data on this creature is limited, it is important to note that if one comes across this rare animal, one must not engage it in any way. The Camoose has a mighty temper, and will spit on you, trample you, and then ram you with its antlers. It will also take candy from babies. It's that mean.

This character has been in my head for a while, so I'm glad I was finally able to draw him the way I pictured him. For whatever reason, I think camels and moose look like they could have been related once, maybe as really, really distant cousins. I guess the Camoose would be the missing link between them, but don't ask me to explain the logistics of it, because I have no idea. What I do know is that I'm planning on staying out of the desert, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I imagine that the comment box feels lonely when it's empty, so leaving a comment would be a great thing to do. If you leave a nice comment, good things might happen.